Thursday, January 1, 2009

Blessing the New Year 2009

Oh, sweet beginning of a New Year
I pray to you, "That which moves all that which moves"
Bless me with an Openness of Heart.
That I may be Kinder, more Understanding.
With this open Heart, I long to know truth.
Bless me with Openness of Sight.
That I may be able to see things as they Are.
Not as I desire them to be.
Bless me with Openness of Touch
That I may hold my fellow travelers in their Sorrows and Happiness.
Bless me with Openness of Voice and Speech
That I may sing praises to you.
That I may also cry out at the injustices in the world - speaking Truth.

I thank you, "That which moves all that which moves"
For this Year to come and also for the gifts of learning of this year gone past.
I thank you for the Blessings you have given.
I ask your forgiveness for the times I may have not shown Gratitude.
I thank you for the Rising Sun, that offers a marking of each new day.
I thank you for the Darkness filled with Moon and the Stars, that I may rest.
I offer to sing to you each day of both my small Sorrows and my little Happinesses,
That you will hold me in your Eyes and Heart.

I wish to thank you, "That which moves all that which moves"
For each new day yet to be, for Friends, for the Life, I have been gifted.
For prayers that have yet to cross my lips.
For having the time to hear my words.
I Thank you for Being.
I Thank you for Walking with me, that I know I am not alone.
I Thank you for this New Year, this Year 2009.
May I prove myself worthy.
Thank you, "That which moves all that which moves"

No comments:

Post a Comment